May 2, 2013

Givenchy Haul / First Impressions


Hello lovies!

It's been a while since I've posted anything, feels like it's been months! Luckily, it's only been a week, so I don't feel too bad about not updating! So, my parents went on vacation a few weeks ago and decided to spoil themselves with some Givenchy products. And little did they know.. spoiling themselves also meant spoiling me! ;)

Le Soin Noir - $380.00

Le Soin Noir is an anti-aging moisturizer, and it says to use it day and night, but it does not dry well at all, so I only use it at night. The moisturizer is made from Vital Black Algae Sap Concentrate is a natural age-defier that "restores communication between the skin's cells", "helps maintain and prolong cellular longevity," and "leaves your complexion firm, glowing, and even-toned" - who doesn't need that?! Vital Black Algae Sap Concentrate is very sensitive, you cannot touch it with your hands or it will contaminate the entire jar - so it comes with a little spoon to scoop it out with! Obviously, I don't use it often - a) because of the price, and b) I'm 18, I don't need expensive anti-aging creams. I only use it when my skin's on the drier side and needs a little pick-me-up!


Obviously, I am not a man. This was for my father, and he still does not use it! But I just wanted to discuss how good this smells. It smells like a manlier version of the Swan and Dolphin hotel in Orlando, which is like a fresh-springy-beachy-floral scent. It smells so good!


Le Soin Noir Yeux is the eye cream version of the Le Soin Noir moisturizer. It promises what most eye creams promise: "reduce puffiness", "brightens dark circles", "smoothes and evens out the entire eye contour area." I've only used it once, I didn't notice a difference like I did the first time I used the Le Soin Noir, but that is because it's an eye cream, I just didn't want to keep using it when I didn't really need it that much.


Umm.. Where do I start with this? It's not bad, it's just not that great. You know? It's okay. I think I just expected more from it. It doesn't have a strong scent, which is good, but I'll definitely be sticking to my Hope in a Jar.


I honestly haven't tried this one, and considering what the Hydra Sparkling moisturizer is like, I probably won't be impressed. Also, funny story, I've lost it since the day I took these pictures.. Can't find it - but it's somewhere around here! When I find it, I'll try it.


This came as a free sample, and it smells so good. I'd definitely say it's a scent for all ages, because it's light and floral, very pretty and feminine, but it's also mature. I'm someone who sticks to one perfume until I'm sick of it. I like to have a scent that really captures my personality, so I'll change my perfume when I feel it doesn't fit me anymore. But I know a lot of people collect perfumes, and wear one during the day and a different one at night, or for different occasions - and for those people, I'd say this is a great day perfume, and definitely great for work!

Green - N/A / Black - $86.00

These were also free samples, we got two of each, and I have not used them yet. I can not find the No Surgetics Plasti Sculpt Lifting Mask anywhere online - so if you know what it does, please tell me! As for the Black For Light Mask, I'm really excited to use it. It says it is a "unique mask with a black, velvety foam texture and luminous particles that purify the skin," and promises that "after use the complexion becomes amazingly brightened and bursts with freshness and vitality," and "the skin radiates a new glow, as if illuminated from within." And that just sounds nice, and I'm just excited!

xx

So have you tried any of these? If you have, make sure you leave a comment, telling me what you thought of them!

xx

3 comments:

Estefanía Ainoza said...

Really nice!!! I love it!

Danielle said...

i've never tried their products but i'd love to!

xx fameliquorlove.blogspot.com

Yogi said...

Givenchy always has the nicest packagings. I am not impressed by the hydra sparkling cream as well, but it feels ok and moisturizing so I think it is good. The serum looks pretty sparkling too (as if the cream has micro-glitter in it) and if I use both they make my skin a bit more glowing for a while or so I guess.. nevertheless Iwant their bb cream! Its sold out everywhere.

Post a Comment