February 11, 2013

Grammys 2013: My Best & Worst Dressed

Hello lovies! It feels like it's been forever since I've updated :( I've had what I like to call "Blogger's Block" and it's not been very fun at all! But now I'm back, and I've got my next few updates in mind, so I wont be taking anymore breaks in the near future.

xx

The Grammys were last night, and it was actually a kind of boring red carpet for me. There was nothing that really blew me away, and it was quite difficult for me to choose a best dressed, because there was nothing that made me stop and say "That's my best dressed, no doubt!"

If I were being biased, I'd say Ed Sheeran was best dressed, because he actually wore a suit, instead of his usual hoodie. But I need to be professional about this! There were a few dresses that I was having such a hard time choosing between, I was just going to put them all as my best. But I had to man up and choose, so let's get started!

Best:
Florence Welch in Givenchy

You either love or hate this dress, and I love it! She worked with the designers on this entire look, and I thought it was fantastic! It definitely wasn't the most beautiful dress of the night, but I thought it made the biggest statement. I love that emerald green is the color of this year, because it's gorgeous. Not only was this dress a statement, but I think this is the best she's ever looked. Her makeup was up to par, her hair was up to par. She usually looks almost manly, so I was pleasantly surprised last night!

Worst:
Adele in Valentino

It pains me to say it. It really does. I'm not really a fan of Adele, but I think she's a genuinely sweet human being, and it honestly pains me to see her fail like this.. But this dress looks like Mary Poppins' bag! I love that she went for color and a pattern, when she usually just goes for black, but just not this pattern. It's not like I absolutely hate the dress, because there is something that's making me want to like it (that might be Mary Poppins, not sure). And I love the shoes! I like the bag!

It's just..


xx

So who were your best and worst? Did you guys like the Grammys? What were your favorite performances? Mine was Elton John and Ed Sheeran, so sad he didn't win last night :( I think I might be more upset about it than he is! Haha

xx

8 comments:

Eleanor said...

I see what you mean about the Mary Poppins bag but I still like her outfit anyway! But I agree that Florence looked stunning!
http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

Unknown said...

The green dress against her hair colour s stunning xx

1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.com

Kacie Cone said...

Ah I so agree! Everyone I talked to loved Adeles dress and I absolutely hated it!

Gaby Fauchon said...

Hmmm I'm not sure I really like your "Best" and although I was surprised at Adeles's bold choice, I think it's great she wore something else than black x

The Style Rawr said...

I'm afraid to say I hated Florence's dress, I thought she looked like a dinosaur and not in a cool way...Loved Rihanna, she was a total babe!

Tara
The Style Rawr!
xoxo

allie said...

florence's dress looks so glamorous! the spikes remind me of dinosaurs.

Unknown said...

Florence looks amazing- love that dress!

New follower <3

http://sophie-acrosstheuniverse.blogspot.co.uk/

//// said...

What a shame! Her dress really does resemble the bag and it does nothing for her figure.
Your blog is fab! I'm your new follower :)
Rose
Www.pipsqueak90.blogspot.com

Post a Comment